Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by DCP123 <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/13 22:40:27 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.2 c# client Reconnect problems

I have a server running ActiveMQ 5.2.  I can send and receive messages with
no problems.  If I lose connection to ActiveMQ via a network unplug, I
implemented code to reconnect to the server (I do not use failover because I
get a parsing error everytime I try).  I reconnect fine except that it does
not kill the first consumer.  So now I have 2 consumers running and that is
causing problems.  I need to restart activemq service to fix the problem.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: ActiveMQ 5.2 c# client Reconnect problems

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Try setting the wireformat.maxinactivityduration=300000 parameter.  If you
are using the latest version of NMS 1.1, this should already default to
30000, which is 30 seconds.  If you shorten that amount, then ActiveMQ
should kick off dead connections faster.  Barring that, you can use a GUID
in your connection ID string to increase your chances of getting a
connection to the server.