Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dirk Pitt <pi...@gmx.de> on 2007/03/30 09:31:04 UTC

Rampart and signing with service(server) side public key

Hallo everybody,

I am developing Secure web service in .Net platform with WSE 3.0, everything at .Net side functions without any problem.

Then I decided to make an interop test (actually that is idea behind the web service isn't it? A .Net client and .Net webservice communicating with each other doesn't mean too much).

I have Axis experience but Axis2/Rampart is new to me, after looking to the samples, I guess, I had figured it out the basics but I have a very simple problem and I can't figure out solution for it.

In .Net scenario, I have a secured Web Service with UsernameToken and
sign&encrypt. I have a Thawte certificate (private and public key) and I am securing the server side (service side) (UsernameToken sign&encrypt) with these.

At the client side I am using Server(Service) public key to sign&encrypt the message without any problem (I guess this is a secure scenario, in real life any organization would give public key to trusted partners only and anything encrypted and signed with this public key can be decrypted with private key of server).

So my problem starts here, I could not find a way to force Rampart to use the public key of the server to sign and encrypt the message. Rampart is always trying to sign the message with the private key of the client.

When I configure everything to sign the message (I already imported server's public key (cert) to the keystore and I can see the alias in list mode), Rampart is complaining that it can find the key (I think it is looking for client private key).

Is there a way to configure Rampart to sign&encrypt with server public key?

Thx for the answer.

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail