Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Bharath Ganesh <bh...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/21 11:49:15 UTC

Issue with the latest snapshot

Hi

There seems to be some goof up with the latest snapshot (published on 20th
March, 2007).
While deploying a JAX-WS web service I get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.initializeParameter
(Reflectio
nServiceFactoryBean.java:490)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.initializeParameter
(JaxWsServiceFact
oryBean.java:355)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.initializeClassInfo
(JaxWsServiceFact
oryBean.java:334)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.initializeWSDLOperation
(JaxWsService
FactoryBean.java:171)
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.initializeWSDLOperations
(Refl
ectionServiceFactoryBean.java:257)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.initializeWSDLOperations
(JaxWsServic
eFactoryBean.java:180)
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.buildServiceFromWSDL
(Reflecti
onServiceFactoryBean.java:186)
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.initializeServiceModel
(Reflec
tionServiceFactoryBean.java:226)
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.create
(ReflectionServiceFacto
ryBean.java:126)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.<init>(EndpointImpl.java:87)

The same application get deployed and works fine on Snapshot 27th Feb 2007.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks
Bharath
www.bharathganesh.com

Re: Issue with the latest snapshot

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
I seem to recall seeing this before. I can't remember the exact condition
that triggered it though - I think it ended up being some mismatch between
the service and the wsdl. Any chance you could send along a wsdl/service
class which triggers this? (If its sensitive you can send it to me privately
if need be)
Cheers,
- Dan

--