Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Scott Cederberg <ce...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/03 06:49:27 UTC

spurious content from SOAP/XML-RPC Request

Hello,

    I am trying to use JMeter's SOAP/XML-RPC Request sampler to send
SOAP requests.  I'm having trouble, and one problem appears to be that
the request contains things it shouldn't.  A sample request captured
by netcat appears below.  It seems to me that the line saying "36a"
that comes between the HTTP headers and the XML body of the request
shouldn't be there; nor should the blank line and the line saying "0"
that follow the XML.

    Does anyone know why these are being sent in the request and how I
might stop them?

    Thanks.

                          Scott

POST /soap-path/ HTTP/1.1
Connection: close
Accept: text/xml
Accept: multipart/*
Host: localhost:8181

36a
SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><namesp1:mySoapAction
xmlns:namesp1="urn:Snip/Snip/Snip"><c-gensym3><ignorestates
xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:int[2]"><item
xsi:type="xsd:int">-1001</item><item
xsi:type="xsd:int">1110</item></ignorestates><mytagone
xsi:type="xsd:string">QP21533260</mytagone><mytagtwo
xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:int[1]"><item
xsi:type="xsd:int">76604</item></mytagtwo></c-gensym3></namesp1:mySoapAction></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

0

Re: spurious content from SOAP/XML-RPC Request

Posted by git <gi...@cubicalland.com>.
OK - I'll look into this in more detail - as I need to know the answer
for the TAG.net project I own.  I'll report back to the list when I have
a definitive answer (if there is one).

Cheers

AJ

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by git <gi...@cubicalland.com>.
Seb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Cederberg <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Cederberg <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Cederberg <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
(for completeness) and the 0 afterwards means there are no more parts
of the multipart post.

On 03/02/07, Scott Cederberg <ce...@gmail.com> wrote:
> P.S. I've just figured out that the "36a" appearing before the body of
> the request is the length of the request body in bytes.
>
> On 2/2/07, Scott Cederberg <ce...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,

[...]

Re: spurious content from SOAP/XML-RPC Request

Posted by Scott Cederberg <ce...@gmail.com>.