Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2013/11/04 23:07:54 UTC

RE: 2 replicas with different num of documents

Hi - we've seen that issue as well (SOLR-4260) and it happend many times with older versions. The good thing is that we haven't seen it for a very long time now so i silently assumed other fixes already solved the problem.

We don't know how to reproduce the problem but in older versions it seemed to happen when, while indexing, one of the replica's died (usually OOM). It would be very helpful if you can reproduce the problem and follow up on the issue with steps to reproduce.

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.
All documents have been indexed with Solr 4.5.1.

Indeed in the process, some replicas died (replication error result of java heap memory errors) the recovery process never ended and I need to restart the node that store the replica in recovery mode.

The leader of the shard is the replica with less documents and the lower version.

Reproduce the issue could be tricky, I don't know happened :S, maybe a bad leader election process, a bad tlog writting operation.

--
Yago Riveiro