Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <da...@apache.org> on 2009/02/11 23:53:08 UTC

Wicket meetup in Amsterdam news

During ApacheCon EU 2009 we can fill a 3 hour slot in the evening with
a real Wicket community meetup. The meetup will be hosted in the
conference hotel, from 19:00 until 22:00, in one of the conference
rooms available on either 23 or 24 March. The conference is held in
Amsterdam, the Netherlands, in the Mövenpick hotel, near the central
train station.

If there's enough interest, presentations and sponsors we can let this
meetup take place. So to make this happen we need:
 - enough people that want to attend the meetup
 - enough people that want to give a presentation at the meetup
 - companies that want to sponsor the meetup

The deadline for the meetup is next monday, so we need to make this a
quick process.

Ideally presentations are about 20-30 minutes, but shorter or longer
presentations are fine. Just propose and we'll discuss the details (if
you wish, contact me off list).

[ ] I'll attend the 23rd
[ ] I'll attend the 24th
[ ] I want to present xyz on the 23rd
[ ] I want to present xyz on the 24th

If you want to sponsor this event, please contact me off list and I'll
hook you up with the right people. Sponsoring the event is not
expensive: a recruiter costs more, and you become an official
ApacheCon sponsor! Consider all the Apache software your company uses
and then think about all the money you've saved during all those
years. Give back to the community and sponsor this event!

Let's make this happen!

Martijn

Re: Wicket meetup in Amsterdam news

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
i can attend both
and also can present something on both if needed. But i dont know what :)

johan

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I've created a page for registering interest and presentations on our wiki:

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/wicket-community-meetups-amsterdam.html

Martijn

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Frank Prins <Fr...@copernicus.nl> wrote:
> Martijn,
>
> A meetup, that would be great!
>
> I can attend both evenings, providing that it will be separate from the Apache Con.
> (probably I can't attend during the day... not sure yet)
>
> regards,
> Frank

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released

RE: Wicket meetup in Amsterdam news

Posted by Frank Prins <Fr...@copernicus.nl>.
Martijn,

Posted by Jan Kriesten <kr...@mail.footprint.de>.
Hi,

>> If interest is there I could present something based on my 'Real World Scala and
>> Wicket' I held last week in London.
> Yes please! I hope there will be enough registrations to our
> session so we can make it.

I added a 'Practical Scala + Wicket' presentation. I'm looking forward to see
you all! :-)

Best regards, --- Jan.

Re: Wicket meetup in Amsterdam news

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Jan Kriesten wrote:
> If interest is there I could present something based on my 'Real World Scala and
> Wicket' I held last week in London.

Yes please! I hope there will be enough registrations to our
session so we can make it.

For our schedule (arriving on Monday evening) I suppose that
Tuesday would fit better.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Re: Wicket meetup in Amsterdam news

Posted by Jan Kriesten <kr...@mail.footprint.de>.
Hi Martijn,

I'd happy to attend as well - though only the Wicket meetup and not the
ApacheCon. Both dates would do.