Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by skrynnikov_m <sk...@epsysoft.com.ua> on 2015/04/14 13:27:39 UTC

Data migration

Hello!!!
Need to migrate data from one C* cluster to another periodically. During
migration schema can change(add or remove one, two fields). Could you
please suggest some tool?

Re: Data migration

Posted by Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com>.
Use SSTableloader it comes with Cassandra and is designed for moving data
between clusters and is far simpler than sqoop. it "should" even work with
a schema change like you described (changing columns). It would
probably/definitely break if you were dropping tables.

Mind you I've never tried sstableloader while schema changes were occurring
so happy to be wrong.

--

Ben Bromhead

Instaclustr | www.instaclustr.com | @instaclustr