Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de> on 2000/10/28 00:15:28 UTC

RFC - three new packages for struts ... included (Message 2 / 3)

Hi struts-dev,

this is part 2, containing the changes required for a first
integration of the previously posted new packages.

The required changes could be grouped into three different
areas:

a) BeanUtils now uses the new StringParser for conversion

b) Digester and ActionServlet now implement the LogMsgSource
   interface. Old style logging has been deprecated and
   replaced with proper forwards to the new logging package.
   The documentation has been updated to reflect the changes.

c) Various occurences of old-style logging have been modified
   to use the LogMsgSource instead.

Again, it would be a great help for me, I you could verify
that the modifications work with your codebase. The changes
are based on the archive from 10/22/2000. I'm not sure if
there has been made any change to the codebase afterwards,
my last check - done 10/24/2000 - showed no new checkins.

--
Matthias                          mailto:make@BESToffers.de