Posted to users@camel.apache.org by David Tombs <cy...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/31 16:34:59 UTC

What happens to Exchange's exception in DeadLetterChannel?

Hi there,

I'm using a Dead Letter Channel error handler and am a little confused
about what happens to the original Exception while on the dead letter
queue.

- Camel In Action says that it's stored in the
'Exchange.CAUSED_EXCEPTION' property, which doesn't seem to exist
(p127).
- DeadLetterChannel wiki page[1] says it's cleared and unavailable.
- Experimentally, it seems stored in the 'Exchange.EXCEPTION_CAUGHT' property.

Am I right about the actual behavior? If so, the Wiki should be
updated which I would be glad to try.

Thanks in advance,
David

[1] http://camel.apache.org/dead-letter-channel.html

--
Wise men _still_ seek Him.

Re: What happens to Exchange's exception in DeadLetterChannel?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ramon

Thanks for reporting. Somehow that errata on page 127 got removed in a
later updated. I have sent a new errate to Manning for them to publish
on the web site, which includes the errata for page 127 again.

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Ramon Ramos <r....@freenet.de> wrote:
> I can't find this errata in http://www.manning.com/ibsen/excerpt_errata.html

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: What happens to Exchange's exception in DeadLetterChannel?

Posted by Ramon Ramos <r....@freenet.de>.

Posted by Kai Wähner <me...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks for the hint with ICLA. I always wondered, why I cannot edit
documentation to improve it... Actually, I did not make a lot of research
:-)
I will send in a ICLA to Apache to contribute and improve documentation,
too.

Best regards,
Kai

Posted by David Tombs <cy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: What happens to Exchange's exception in DeadLetterChannel?

Posted by David Tombs <cy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen