Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mehmet Tahir SANDIKKAYA <ta...@sandikkaya.name.tr> on 2004/08/15 23:23:09 UTC

[users@httpd] PHP + Apache 2

Hi,

I know that it is not recommended to use PHP with Apache 2, but I saw an
interesting problem. I tried the situation both 1.3.31 and 2.0.50. The
operating system is Windows 2000 Pro. Also, I tried the situation both
with PHP 5.0.1 and 4.3.8.

Whenever sending a Turkish input to the php from the address bar,
if I use mozilla, it sends as "index.php?wiki=T%FCrk%E7e" with
traslating Turkish characters to the well-known %xx format.
if I use explorer, it sends as "index.php?wiki=Türkçe" with Turkish
characters.

In Apache 1.3.31, both work.
In Apache 2.0.50, explorer shows an Server Internal Error, but mozilla
works.

Another point, I am not sure about it, but maybe this can help. In the
three situation of the four, that the system works the output of the php
is *in Turkish* characters for my system. However, I saw a RedHat system
with apache 1.3.xx with the same PHP code. It works, but the output of
the PHP is *not* in Turkish, it is in %xx style.

And also, if you wanna see it, the address is
http://www.sandikkaya.name.tr/index.php
Try the Turkish link with both explorer and mozilla.

So, does anybody have an idea about it?

(Sorry, I used some Turkish characters in the message)

Re: [users@httpd] PHP + Apache 2

Posted by Henry Leung <he...@vtc.edu.hk>.
Hi,

  I have similar problem with displaying Chinese characters in Internet
Explorer. It seems that IE does not support unicode characters well. Try
to comment out the following line in httpd.conf. It works for me.

httpd.conf:
# AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

在 一, 2004-08-16 05:23, Mehmet Tahir SANDIKKAYA 寫道:

Henry Leung <he...@vtc.edu.hk>

RE: [users@httpd] PHP + Apache 2

Posted by Sylvain MACHEFERT <SY...@segeco.fr>.
Hi Mehmet Tahir !

As I explained in a recent message (which has no answer yet :( ), IE doesn't
convert to %xy while other browser do.
I've no problem with PHP but with Apache itself, Apache 1.x can't serve a
file when I directly ask for bébé.txt, I'm obliged -RFC 1738 recommand it!-
to encode é to %E9.
But Apache 2 *only* serve bébé.txt and DO NOT serve b%E9b%E9.txt !
Using IE (remember it doesn't convert) works, using other browser fail :(

RFC 1738 : http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1738.txt

quote:
In addition, octets may be encoded by a character triplet consisting
of the character "%" followed by the two hexadecimal digits (from
"0123456789ABCDEF") which forming the hexadecimal value of the octet.
(The characters "abcdef" may also be used in hexadecimal encodings.)

What can I do ?
This problem occurs on all Apache 2 I have tested (no tested under linux).

Sylvain MACHEFERT

RE: [users@httpd] PHP + Apache 2

Posted by Evan Borgstrom <ev...@ca.mci.com>.
Regarding PHP + Apache2, check the PHP manual.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.installation.php#faq.installation.apache2

-Evan

RE: [users@httpd] PHP + Apache 2

Posted by John Longland <jo...@im-systems.com>.
Thanks Tahir !!!!

John Longland
IMS
www.im-systems.com
johnl@im-systems.com
www.musicaexscriptum.com

RE: [users@httpd] PHP + Apache 2

Posted by Sylvain MACHEFERT <SY...@segeco.fr>.
For me it PHP works very well, that's just Apache 2 who refuse to serve
files when I encode in %xy. But Apache 2 serve them when I don't encode.

Sylvain MACHEFERT

Re: [users@httpd] PHP + Apache 2

Posted by Mehmet Tahir SANDIKKAYA <ta...@sandikkaya.name.tr>.
Hi all,