Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu> on 2016/07/02 08:29:24 UTC

For Manual and Site DocBook editing: XXE has free edition again

Very long ago I have started using XMLmind XML Editor (XXE) free
edition for editing our Manual and other DocBook material (like our
web site). Others were supposed to use that as well, though most of
the editing was done by me anyway (originally I was the documentation
guy here, and did very little coding). Unfortunately, one day they
have stopped doing free releases, and I never figured out what to
migrate to (esp. as I have a license anyway, and other FM developers
will probably get on too if they ask for it). Anyway, I'm happy to
notice that they have a free edition again, intended for open source
projects and for personal use, and it doesn't even miss any features
that we need: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/download.shtml

 Daniel Dekany

Re: For Manual and Site DocBook editing: XXE has free edition again

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 21/01/2017 � 16:17, Daniel Dekany a �crit :
> Saturday, January 21, 2017, 3:08:57 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Le 02/07/2016 � 10:29, Daniel Dekany a �crit :
>>> Very long ago I have started using XMLmind XML Editor (XXE) free
>>> edition for editing our Manual and other DocBook material (like our
>>> web site). Others were supposed to use that as well, though most of
>>> the editing was done by me anyway (originally I was the documentation
>>> guy here, and did very little coding). Unfortunately, one day they
>>> have stopped doing free releases, and I never figured out what to
>>> migrate to (esp. as I have a license anyway, and other FM developers
>>> will probably get on too if they ask for it). Anyway, I'm happy to
>>> notice that they have a free edition again, intended for open source
>>> projects and for personal use, and it doesn't even miss any features
>>> that we need: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/download.shtml
>>>
>> Interesting I'll try to have a look... So that's still what you use
>> to generate the (very good!) documentation at http://freemarker.org/
> It's used for *editing* the Manual
> (http://freemarker.org/docs/index.html) and the "home page" (site)
> http://freemarker.org/. That's two DocBook XML-s. Docgen (our internal
> product) generates the HTML from it.
OK thanks, I did not know for Docgen

Jacques

Re: For Manual and Site DocBook editing: XXE has free edition again

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.