Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Todd Vierling <tv...@duh.org> on 2011/05/02 20:17:23 UTC

Need help with m2eclipse 0.13 + war:exploded

I'm using m2eclipse 0.13 from the /N/ update site, trying to achieve
one of the "holy grails" of integration: Google App Engine + Scala [+
Lift, optionally] + Eclipse with m2e. Solving this problem would be a
win for a whole lot of developers out there (and it might also make
more "vanilla" WAR packaging easier to describe, too).

Environment: Eclipse 3.6.2, Google Plugin for Eclipse 2.3.0beta1,
Scala IDE Plugin "wip-backport" nightly with 2.8.1 runtime, m2e 0.13
nightly as noted above.

I have all the necessary dependencies in the POM, including a
dependency on a sibling project, and compiling is just fine. To get
this to package up, I know I need a war:exploded layout (since GAE's
deployment will do its own archiving of <project>/war).

However, I don't know what to do to get the dependencies (the JAR
dependencies from the project's POM and the plain classes from the
sibling project) into war/. I note that the copy-dependencies goal is
explicitly disallowed with an error in m2e 0.13, so I'm not sure what
is now responsible for getting the dependencies into the WAR. Further,
I don't know how to tell Eclipse to make Maven actually do that at
some point before I deploy (since the Maven Builder is no longer
configurable at all in 0.13).

POM follows. Whether this is a plain Scala or Lift project doesn't
really matter; the dependency chain is the only real difference.

	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
	<groupId>org.duh</groupId>
	<artifactId>duh-lifttest</artifactId>
	<packaging>war</packaging>
	<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

	<properties>
	</properties>

	<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<version>2.3.2</version>
				<configuration>
					<source>1.6</source>
					<target>1.6</target>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
				<version>2.1.1</version>
				<goals>
					<goal>exploded</goal>
				</goals>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
		<outputDirectory>war/WEB-INF/classes</outputDirectory>
	</build>

	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>net.liftweb</groupId>
			<artifactId>lift-mapper_2.8.1</artifactId>
			<version>2.3</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
			<artifactId>slf4j-jdk14</artifactId>
			<version>1.6.1</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.duh</groupId>
			<artifactId>duh-util</artifactId>
			<version>0.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
</project>

Re: Need help with m2eclipse 0.13 + war:exploded

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I'm using m2eclipse 0.13 from the /N/ update site, trying to achieve
> one of the "holy grails" of integration: Google App Engine + Scala [+
> Lift, optionally] + Eclipse with m2e. Solving this problem would be a

M2E questions below on the M2E lists:
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/project-information.html

Wayne

Re: Need help with m2eclipse 0.13 + war:exploded

Posted by Todd Vierling <tv...@duh.org>.
On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Todd Vierling <tv...@duh.org> wrote:
> I'm using m2eclipse 0.13 from the /N/ update site, trying to achieve
> one of the "holy grails" of integration: Google App Engine + Scala [+
> Lift, optionally] + Eclipse with m2e. Solving this problem would be a
> win for a whole lot of developers out there (and it might also make
> more "vanilla" WAR packaging easier to describe, too).

I should really have said that even Scala isn't at issue here.
Basically, it's GAE with Google Plugin for Eclipse + Eclipse with m2e
+ getting dependencies into place. Once the dependencies properly get
into war/, it really applies to any GAE project inside Eclipse using
any JVM language.