Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org> on 1997/11/17 13:54:52 UTC

[BUG] Solaris mmap

Hi,

Using a current 1.3b3-dev on Solaris 2.4 gives me

  (0)Error 0: mmap_handler: mmap failed

on HEAD requests (static files). GET requests seem to work
without any problems.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht      - "Keep computers away from windows"
sfx@unix-ag.org        (Garfinkel/Spafford: Practical Unix & Internet Security)

Re: [BUG] Solaris mmap

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Looks like another logic error related to the performance patch from Ben
Hyde.  default_handler should have a "mmap_attempted" boolean which is
used to decide when to issue the mmap failed message.

and mmap_handler should be changed to default_handler.

Not a showstopper imho.

Dean

Re: [BUG] Solaris mmap

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@elect6.jrc.it>.
On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> Using a current 1.3b3-dev on Solaris 2.4 gives me
>
>   (0)Error 0: mmap_handler: mmap failed
>
> on HEAD requests (static files). GET requests seem to work
> without any problems.

Any more specific info; I cannot reproduce it on solaris

	SunOS elect6 5.4 Generic_101945-10 sun4m sparc

with just a simple

	%more index.html
	%

And only the default modules. Used

	%gcc -v
	Reading specs from
/usr/local/depot/g++/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/2.7.2.2/specs
	gcc version 2.7.2.2

To compile, no library fiddling.

Dw.