Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Christian Schulte <cs...@schulte.it> on 2016/08/13 01:11:29 UTC

Promoting Maven 'master'

Hi,

I don't know if something like this has been discussed before. Is there
a reason we are not asking users to use Maven snapshots on theire CI
systems?

We are currently asking users for testing snapshots manually. They need
to download something and run some builds manually. For users having a
CI system, we should really think about automating things for them so
that testing a Maven snapshot does no longer require some manual action.
Something like requesting everyone already using a CI system to also add
a build job for Maven master and to setup jobs using those snapshots
automatically.

Christian

Re: Promoting Maven 'master'

Posted by Christian Schulte <cs...@schulte.it>.
Am 08/13/16 um 03:11 schrieb Christian Schulte:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if something like this has been discussed before. Is there
> a reason we are not asking users to use Maven snapshots on theire CI
> systems?
>
> We are currently asking users for testing snapshots manually. They need
> to download something and run some builds manually. For users having a
> CI system, we should really think about automating things for them so
> that testing a Maven snapshot does no longer require some manual action.
> Something like requesting everyone already using a CI system to also add
> a build job for Maven master and to setup jobs using those snapshots
> automatically.
>
> Regards,

Maybe just setup our CI job to send a "Preliminary Maven xyz-SNAPSHOT
Testing Reminder" email to the mailing lists automatically whenever
Jenkins has built a new snapshot containing download links.

Christian