Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/06 20:12:39 UTC

need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Hello all--

The information on obtaining and using source code is outdated on the
project site --

https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html

I've made changes and attached the .html conversion of my changed
.mdtext file here. This is not committed yet.

I would appreciate some feedback before I commit this. Thanks.

Kay

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
I am planning to attempt a check out and build using the instructions.
I'll wait until the changes are committed, so my build serves as a test
case.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrea and Matthias. I'll fix the typo and get this committed over
the weekend.
I thought  gitbox was the "official" location for the repo but the
instructions for getting the source were nice and readable on github so
that's why both got referenced.

HTH

-- Kay

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.

Posted by Yury <yu...@gmail.com>.
Andrea Pescetti-2 wrote
> especially remove any
> references such as "as of August 2019"

Is this right? Those kind of refs won't needed only if there'll be no more
SVN access to (outdated) AOO. Otherwise it's a useful information.

--
Sent from: http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com/Development-f2916443.html

Re: Web pages 404

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 09.02.20 um 21:47 schrieb Michele Denber:
> On this page: https://www.openoffice.org/porting/index.html  there is a
> reference to "a port to OpenSolaris (Sparc) by Adfinis SyGroup AG
> (Nicolas Christener)":
>
> http://adfinis-sygroup.ch/aoo-solaris-sparc/
>
> But that page is 404 and should probably be removed (unless anyone knows
> where it went).  Same for this link directly below that one:
> http://www.opensolaris.org/
>
>   I think I'm going to try building 4.1.7 in Solaris 11.4 SPARC myself.

thanks for your hint.

I've removed the links for the Porting webpage.

Marcus

Web pages 404

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Kay,

Am 09.02.20 um 21:02 schrieb Kay Schenk:
> All done ( I think). Some former aspects of the CMS seem to be missing
> but my changes got published.

The staging area isn't working anymore. This is related to the permanent
HTTPS redirection.
But I can see everything online now. Thanks!

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 2/6/20 12:16 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi Kay,
>
> Am 06.02.20 um 21:12 schrieb Kay Schenk:
>>
>> Hello all--
>>
>> The information on obtaining and using source code is outdated on the
>> project site --
>>
>> https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html
>>
> Oh yes, this is very much needed. Thanks for taking that task!
>>
>> I've made changes and attached the .html conversion of my changed
>> .mdtext file here. This is not committed yet.
>>
> Unfortunately attachments are stripped on the mailing list.
> Can you provide it through some other way?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

Hi Matthias --

Try here: