Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@tabular.io> on 2022/07/21 21:53:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Improving Github Issues Experience via Templates and Pruning Stale Issues

Hey everyone,

I just want to bump this to make sure people have seen it.

There are two proposals here:
1. Add issue templates to the project (see Airflow for an example
<https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/new/choose>)
2. Turn on a "stale issue" bot to close inactive issues after 180 days

I'm going to merge the PRs in the next couple of days if there isn't any
more discussion. Thanks!

Ryan

--
Ryan Blue
Tabular

Re: [DISCUSS] Improving Github Issues Experience via Templates and Pruning Stale Issues

Posted by Yufei Gu <fl...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the proposal. I like the idea to create templates especially. Can we
also have a template for the PR like what Spark project does? That will
make the review a bit easier IMO.

Best,

Yufei

`This is not a contribution`