Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Pieniozek <ji...@voyager.net> on 2002/01/24 17:28:23 UTC

pointing to subfolders?

Hello,

Is it possible on a name based server to point domains such as abc.com to a
specific folder of another domain hosted on the same server xyz.com where
abc.com would go to xyz.com/abc? and show up in the address bar as abc.com?
I know that this can be done to a point  with webforwarding services but my
customer claims that is can be done by server configuration.

Thank you for light you can shed on this.

Jim

Re: pointing to subfolders?

Posted by Herb Stein <he...@herbstein.com>.
> Is it possible on a name based server to point domains such as
abc.com to a
> specific folder of another domain hosted on the same server xyz.com
where
> abc.com would go to xyz.com/abc? and show up in the address bar as
abc.com?
> I know that this can be done to a point  with webforwarding services
but my
> customer claims that is can be done by server configuration.

If I understand the question correctly,  I see no problem with that.
Set
the DocumentRoot to what you want and it ought to work fine.
Permissions
are an issue of course.

> Thank you for light you can shed on this.
>
> Jim

Herb Stein
The Herb Stein Group
www.herbstein.com