Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kumar <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/13 06:31:27 UTC

How to return single value from multi valued field

Hi,

I have a multi valued field "keywords". Having values in the following way.

<arr name="keywords">
      <str>Marathi</str>
      <str>Bengali</str>
      <str>Gujarati</str>
      <str>Malayalam</str>
      <str>Kannada</str>
      <str>Telugu</str>
      <str>Tamil</str>
      <str>English</str>
      <str>Hindi</str>
</arr>

if i search for any keyword, all keywords are appearing. How can we show
only matched keyword.

For Example if i search for English, it has to return only English.

Re: How to return single value from multi valued field

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
You could implement a custom highlighter for that field. Otherwise, you are
requesting a feature that does not exist in Solr today. The fl parameter
specifies fields to return, not portions of fields.

-- Jack Krupansky