Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Simon Large <sl...@blazepoint.co.uk> on 2005/01/27 09:19:22 UTC

Issue 791 (repair timestamps of uhchanged files)

Issue 791 is still marked as new, unresolved and unscheduled. Back in
November Philip Martin was committing a first attempt at a fix in svn
cleanup:

http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2004-11/1008.shtml

Is this issue likely to be fixed for the 1.2 release?

Simon

Re: Issue 791 (repair timestamps of uhchanged files)

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Simon Large wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:
>> Simon Large wrote:
>>> Or am I just misunderstanding the release procedure?
>>
>> The latter. Nothing has to be proposed for 1.2, as trunk *is* 1.2.
>
> Does that mean that HACKING is incorrect?
>
> <Quote>
> Stabilizing and maintaining releases
> ====================================
>
> Minor and major number releases go through a stabilization period
> before release, and remain in maintenance (bugfix) mode after release.
> To start the release process, we create an "A.B.x" branch based on the
> previous release, for example:
>
>   $ svn cp http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/tags/A.(B-1).C \
>            http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/A.B.x
>
> </Quote>

You are quoting from an out-of-date version of HACKING.

Go see http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/HACKING

Max.

Re: Issue 791 (repair timestamps of uhchanged files)

Posted by Simon Large <sl...@blazepoint.co.uk>.
Max Bowsher wrote:
> Simon Large wrote:
>> Or am I just misunderstanding the release procedure?
>
> The latter. Nothing has to be proposed for 1.2, as trunk *is* 1.2.

Does that mean that HACKING is incorrect?

<Quote>
Stabilizing and maintaining releases
====================================

Minor and major number releases go through a stabilization period
before release, and remain in maintenance (bugfix) mode after release.
To start the release process, we create an "A.B.x" branch based on the
previous release, for example:

   $ svn cp http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/tags/A.(B-1).C \
            http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/A.B.x

</Quote>

As I read it it suggests that 1.2.0 will be taken from tags/1.1.3 (which
sounds unmanageable). From what you have said, that pattern applies only
to minor (3rd digit increment) releases, with major release branches
being copied from trunk.

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.

Posted by Simon Large <sl...@blazepoint.co.uk>.
kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> "Simon Large" <sl...@blazepoint.co.uk> writes:
>> Issue 791 is still marked as new, unresolved and unscheduled. Back in
>> November Philip Martin was committing a first attempt at a fix in svn
>> cleanup:
>>
>> http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2004-11/1008.shtml
>>
>> Is this issue likely to be fixed for the 1.2 release?
>
> Hmm, I don't know.  Philip's r7565 will be in 1.2, but I'm not sure to
> what degree it solved this problem.  (If you have time to explore that
> question and summarize the current state of the onion, that would be a
> big help.  See my recent comment in issue #791.)

Actually it was r12012 - Philip has also updated the issue tracker
today, so it looks like the fix is in. What is not clear is whether it
is proposed for 1.2 as the milestone is still unscheduled. Or am I just
misunderstanding the release procedure?

Thanks,

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Simon Large" <sl...@blazepoint.co.uk> writes:
> Issue 791 is still marked as new, unresolved and unscheduled. Back in
> November Philip Martin was committing a first attempt at a fix in svn
> cleanup:
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2004-11/1008.shtml
>
> Is this issue likely to be fixed for the 1.2 release?

Hmm, I don't know.  Philip's r7565 will be in 1.2, but I'm not sure to
what degree it solved this problem.  (If you have time to explore that
question and summarize the current state of the onion, that would be a
big help.  See my recent comment in issue #791.)

-Karl