Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Peter Jones <pj...@progress.com> on 2009/07/15 23:58:05 UTC

jaxp-api exclusion from parent/pom.xml

Hi there,

cxf includes the jaxp-ri as a dependency when needed in a couple of
places (only when running with the ibm jdk), but I notice that in
the parent/pom.xml, jaxp-api is specifically excluded:

    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.sun.xml.parsers</groupId>
        <artifactId>jaxp-ri</artifactId>
        <version>1.4.2</version>
        <exclusions>
            <exclusion>
                <groupId>javax.xml.parsers</groupId>
                <artifactId>jaxp-api</artifactId>
            </exclusion>
        </exclusions>
    </dependency>

Is there a good reason to exclude it?  I'm seeing some test
failures in common/common when using the ibm jdk
(StaxUtilsTest, W3CDOMStreamReaderTest, and XMLUtilsTest).  They
hit a NoClassDefFoundError for javax.xml.transform.stax.StAXResult.
If I don't exclude the jaxp-api, the tests run fine, and thus why
I am wondering if there is a good reason...

Regards,
Peter

Peter Jones
Progress Software
570 Newfoundland Drive
St. John's, NL, Canada  A1A 5B1
Tel: +1 (709) 738-3725  ext 321

Internal wiki: http://wiki.progress.com/display/PRODENG/Home

RE: jaxp-api exclusion from parent/pom.xml

Posted by Peter Jones <pj...@progress.com>.
Hi Dan,

Yeah that does kind of suck.  I'll remove the exclusion from
the dependency.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp