Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Smith <we...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/21 11:42:28 UTC

Newbie advice for Mac OS X install?

Hi all. My first post here. Thanks much for the existence of this project
and list. I checked the archives and there was some documentation on OS X,
but I wondered if anyone could give me any update who is currently running
on any versions of this? Would any particular version be better to use? 10.1
or 10.2, or the basic Server or Jaguar Server? I have them all, so I thought
it best to check first. Thanks a lot.

Yours,

Daniel

Re: Newbie advice for Mac OS X install?

Posted by Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert <th...@lunartek.com>.
Yes, they are symlinks, but not necessarily to
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.3.1/Home.

Both are symlinks to your current JVM, either 1.3.1 or 1.4.1 (if you're
using DP5).  I flick back and forth between the 2 to check on a few
things.

Cheers,
Thor HW

Posted by Deepak Mehta <de...@deeeep.com>.