Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by MG <mg...@arscreat.com> on 2017/11/29 22:20:01 UTC

ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

Hi guys,

while transforming part of our Groovy code to @CompileStatic, we
recently ran into an (already fixed) bug, so we upgraded to 2.4.13.
Unfortunatley this leads to the following problem in the schema evolver
framework part (in a dynamic Groovy code part; i.e. the problem is not
related to @CompileStatic):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8397
In short it looks like DB cursors do not get automatically closed the
way they used to...
(Things worked fine for the many Groovy versions I have been using over
the past several years up to groovy-2.4.7)

Any insight would be appreciated, because right now we are stuck on 2.4.7,
Cheers,
mg

PS: Even though I did not expect the result top be different I gave
2.5.0-beta-2 a try, but ran into multiple bugs (reports upcoming) that
prevented my code to get to the schema evolver part.