Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/14 15:41:40 UTC

Looking for presentation source material about logging

I know we've kinda covered this topic before to some extent back before
ApacheCon. I'm planning to do a general logging presentation this November
at my local Java user group (thanks for the idea, Gary!), and I was
wondering if any of you had any useful source material or tips about what
to cover. Later on when I have a draft ready of slides, I'll post them here
for feedback as well.

My general ideas so far relate to:

* What is logging and why should we use it?
* What are logging facades and how do they differ from an implementation?
* What are some common logging patterns to use in my code?
  - This would also cover when to use which level, what kind of information
to log, etc.
* How can we effectively manage logs in distributed systems? (might be too
advanced a topic?)

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>