Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Taewoo Kim <wa...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/18 05:14:57 UTC

Fwd: type name changes

I checked the newly changed documentation. We used int for the abbreviation
for INT64 (I assume that is now bigint?) type. Now, INT is an abbreviation
for INT32? I thought we converted the default type to INT64 (bigint).
Aren't INT32 type displaying i32 as suffix?

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.
Agreed that this is a needed consistency correction and should be benign.
I think our first top level project release, with SQL++ and other goodies,
should be the point beyond which such changes are no longer okay .... I
think this is "last call" for data-impacting changes.  Henceforth we'll
need to provide serious backward compatibility!  (For real, not just talk.)

On Oct 18, 2016 9:14 AM, "Taewoo Kim" <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.

Best,
Taewoo