Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by li...@zeta.net on 2005/03/21 21:13:56 UTC

Struts Bugzilla Bug 17449 (relative URLs in html:form)

Hello struts developers,

About a year ago, I implemented Erik Tennant's patch to allow relative
URLs in the action of a <html:form> tag - compiling it into Struts 1.1.

I noticed that it was supposed to be included into the 1.2 Family.  Has
this already been done?  Or is this something I can expect this year?

More interestingly, Ted Husted wrote this near the bottom:
"
Incidentally, a useful technique is to use a RTE to set the action property.
This example sets the action back to the mapping associated with the instant
request.

<bean:define id="action" name="org.apache.struts.action.mapping.instance"
property="path" type="java.lang.String"/>
"

Will this accomplish the same result?  I am thinking that it would be better
to use built-in Struts functionality rather than a custom patch - so that it
will be easier to upgrade to newer versions of Struts down the road.

If anyone can explain a it more how to use the suggestion to allow relative
URLs in html:form actions, I'm all ears!

Kind Regards,
Devin