Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/02 03:24:22 UTC

Re: Decommission a data node

Adding hdfs users.

RE: Decommission a data node

Posted by Charles Baker <cb...@sdl.com>.
I had a similar issue and I believe the solution was to put the IP:port combination in the exclude file instead of using hostnames.

-Chuck

> I added node to exclude list in hdfs site n ran dfsadmin -refreshNodes
> But name node is not able to start decommissioning.
>
> Do I need to bounce name node ?
>
> Thanks,
> JJ

SDL Enterprise Technologies, Inc. - all rights reserved.  The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this mail, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message.
Registered address: 201 Edgewater Drive, Suite 225, Wakefield, MA 01880, USA