Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Susan Paice <SU...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/12/04 18:12:25 UTC

Re: What next for SDO Java? - Externalise Store

Please externalise the concept of a Store backed DataObject so that it is
possible to write a lazy-parsing Data Access Service without resorting to
accessing impl classes.

The DynamicStoreDataObjectImpl & StoreDataObjectImpl classes looks as if
they may well provide the functional ability, but there doesn't appear to
be anyway to get them primed with an EStore other than by calling the impl
classes directly.

Thanks,
Sue.

Susan Paice
WebSphere Platform Messaging
MP 211, IBM United Kingdom Ltd, Hursley Park, Winchester, SO21 2JN
Tel: +44-1962-815703   Tie: 7-245703
E-mail: susana@uk.ibm.com

Re: What next for SDO Java? - Externalise Store

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sue,
   providing a solution to lazy instantiation of data graphs is a subject
that's on the SDO spec group's agenda.  Currently the SDO spec JIRA that's
tracking this issue proposes a "DataObjectResolver" which looks not too
dissimilar to the current Store stuff that's in SDO1/EMF, and resolving this
is slated for the SDO 3 spec.  To that extent it's a bit hard to know how to
approach this.  If there's interest in the community we could bring the
current implementation up to scratch, with no guarantees that when the spec
group closes the issue off that there wouldn't be work to do for a DAS
implementer to come into line with the spec.  I'd like to hear from anyone
else whether they have an inteest in this concept,  since the more noise
from the community the higher priority this becomes.

Best Regards, Kelvin.