Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org> on 2008/02/28 23:26:49 UTC

Where can I find out about domain keys?

A friend tells me that some mail I sent to him at xtra.co.nz (now a
Yahoo subsidiary) was flagged as spam. He sent me the headers, but all
it shows is:

 	from=gregorie.org; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)

I wrapped the lines to suit the e-mail. These are the only indications
of why my mail was treated as spam. What is this domainkeys of which
they speak?

Can anybody point me at an explanation? Words or a URL would be equally
good.

Thanks,
Martin

Re: Where can I find out about domain keys?

Posted by SM <sm...@resistor.net>.
At 14:26 28-02-2008, Martin Gregorie wrote:
>I wrapped the lines to suit the e-mail. These are the only indications
>of why my mail was treated as spam. What is this domainkeys of which
>they speak?

Quoting Yahoo:

"DomainKeys is yet another way Yahoo! brings untold misery and grief
to email forgers
  everywhere. Without boring you with too many details, it's an
Internet standard
  developed in large part at Yahoo! that lets us confirm whether
emails are really from
  their claimed domain."

Regards,
-sm

Re: Where can I find out about domain keys?

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
On Thursday 28 February 2008 23:26:49 Martin Gregorie wrote:
> What is this domainkeys of which they speak?

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4870.txt
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4871.txt
http://www.dkim.org/info/dkim-faq.html
http://www.dkim.org/