Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sandeepraj singh <sa...@atosorigin.com> on 2009/12/15 12:07:22 UTC

Grid and Checkboxes

Hi,

I have done some search on the mailing list but have not found a concrete
guide for the problem.

I want to retrieve the selected rows of the grid via check boxes on the java
side of the page. Note, there is no unique key in the data of the grid.

	<t:Grid t:source="grpList" t:row="groupAggregate"
                  <t:parameter name="checkCell">
			<input t:type="checkbox"  t:value="groupAggregate?.check"
t:id="mycheckbox" onclick="this.form.submit();"/>
		</t:parameter>
        </t:Grid>

In the current approach as above we submit the form on click of every check
box so that a boolean attribute check in the GroupAggregate class is
set/unset based on click of the checkboxes. This way, we always know which
of the current row is selected or unselected and pass the whole row object
to the DAO classes for Update, Delete , Edit functionality.

Any pointers on how people have done better on this because submitting on
every click of checkbox is not an ideal thing to do?

Thanks
sandeep