Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan <ry...@jaeb.ca> on 2011/09/15 00:13:29 UTC

How can I validate the pluginManagement section of my organization level parent POM?

Hi,

I can't figure out how to validate the pluginManagement section of a
parent POM with packaging type 'pom'.  I can put invalid plugin versions
in the pluginManagement section, but it doesn't get noticed until I
build a child project that tries to inherit the invalid settings.

I have the same problem with dependencyManagement.  Is there an easy way
to validate these sections of my parent POM rather than waiting for
things to fail and fixing the problems as they get noticed?

Ryan