Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 19:34:05 UTC

[VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.5 Take 2

I've created and uploaded a REVISED release of Tapestry 5.3.5, ready
to be voted upon.

The source and source downloads are uploaded to:

http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/

and the Maven artifacts staged to:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-026/

Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.3.5, is ready.

I've also created a 5.3.5 tag in Git:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=e08ac9ee259261ae7c87c1c3530cb05eca9883f2

Vote will run for three days; On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven
artifacts, and move the source and javadoc distributions from these directories
to the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site
documentation, and send out appropriate notifications.

    * [TAP5-1601] - Sometime a method that references a field with a
conduit will not be instrumented, resulting in an NPE accessing the
field itself
    * [TAP5-1859] - Clicking a submit or button in a non-Tapestry Form
causes a client exception
    * [TAP5-1868] - SRSCachingInterceptor returns compressed version
of asset for all clients once it was compressed for some client
    * [TAP5-1887] - Client-side JavaScript error if
console.info/debug/... is available but not a function
    * [TAP5-1907] - Client exception in IE9 when partial page render
introduces stylesheets
    * [TAP5-1949] - Alerts component does not show alerts added from a
component that occurs later in the template
    * [TAP5-1973] - :443 added to URLs when using the Link.toAbsoluteURI(true)
    * [TAP5-1976] - XML Parser adds attributes with default values and
produces invalid HTML5 markup
    * [TAP5-1977] - Memory leak (perm gen) in component reloading
    * [TAP5-1979] - Changing the implementation of a method after
adding method advice does not work; the original implementation
remains
    * [TAP5-1983] - PerThreadManager does not cleanup on shutdown, can
lead to memory leaks when application redeployed
    * [TAP5-1991] - YUICompressor should be less verbose about common warnings
    * [TAP5-1992] - Switch YUICompressor dependency back to com.yahoo
version 2.4.7
    * [TAP5-1989] - Upgrade bundled Prototype to version 1.7.1

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

[SUCCESS] Tapestry 5.3.5 Take 2

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created and uploaded a REVISED release of Tapestry 5.3.5, ready
> to be voted upon.
>
> The source and source downloads are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-026/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.3.5, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.3.5 tag in Git:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=e08ac9ee259261ae7c87c1c3530cb05eca9883f2
>
> Vote will run for three days; On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven
> artifacts, and move the source and javadoc distributions from these directories
> to the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site
> documentation, and send out appropriate notifications.
>

>     * [TAP5-1601] - Sometime a method that references a field with a
> conduit will not be instrumented, resulting in an NPE accessing the
> field itself
>     * [TAP5-1859] - Clicking a submit or button in a non-Tapestry Form
> causes a client exception
>     * [TAP5-1868] - SRSCachingInterceptor returns compressed version
> of asset for all clients once it was compressed for some client
>     * [TAP5-1887] - Client-side JavaScript error if
> console.info/debug/... is available but not a function
>     * [TAP5-1907] - Client exception in IE9 when partial page render
> introduces stylesheets
>     * [TAP5-1949] - Alerts component does not show alerts added from a
> component that occurs later in the template
>     * [TAP5-1973] - :443 added to URLs when using the Link.toAbsoluteURI(true)
>     * [TAP5-1976] - XML Parser adds attributes with default values and
> produces invalid HTML5 markup
>     * [TAP5-1977] - Memory leak (perm gen) in component reloading
>     * [TAP5-1979] - Changing the implementation of a method after
> adding method advice does not work; the original implementation
> remains
>     * [TAP5-1983] - PerThreadManager does not cleanup on shutdown, can
> lead to memory leaks when application redeployed
>     * [TAP5-1991] - YUICompressor should be less verbose about common warnings
>     * [TAP5-1992] - Switch YUICompressor dependency back to com.yahoo
> version 2.4.7
>     * [TAP5-1989] - Upgrade bundled Prototype to version 1.7.1

Binding votes:

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1
Igor Drobiazko: +1

Non-binding votes:

Massimo Lusetti: +1
François Facon: +1
Taha Hafeez: +1
Andy Blower: +1
Yunhua Sang: -1
Lenny Primak: -1

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.5 Take 2

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Igor Drobiazko: +1 (binding)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a REVISED release of Tapestry 5.3.5, ready
> to be voted upon.
>
> The source and source downloads are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-026/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.3.5, is
> ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.3.5 tag in Git:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=e08ac9ee259261ae7c87c1c3530cb05eca9883f2
>
> Vote will run for three days; On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven
> artifacts, and move the source and javadoc distributions from these
> directories
> to the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site
> documentation, and send out appropriate notifications.
>

>     * [TAP5-1601] - Sometime a method that references a field with a
> conduit will not be instrumented, resulting in an NPE accessing the
> field itself
>     * [TAP5-1859] - Clicking a submit or button in a non-Tapestry Form
> causes a client exception
>     * [TAP5-1868] - SRSCachingInterceptor returns compressed version
> of asset for all clients once it was compressed for some client
>     * [TAP5-1887] - Client-side JavaScript error if
> console.info/debug/... is available but not a function
>     * [TAP5-1907] - Client exception in IE9 when partial page render
> introduces stylesheets
>     * [TAP5-1949] - Alerts component does not show alerts added from a
> component that occurs later in the template
>     * [TAP5-1973] - :443 added to URLs when using the
> Link.toAbsoluteURI(true)
>     * [TAP5-1976] - XML Parser adds attributes with default values and
> produces invalid HTML5 markup
>     * [TAP5-1977] - Memory leak (perm gen) in component reloading
>     * [TAP5-1979] - Changing the implementation of a method after
> adding method advice does not work; the original implementation
> remains
>     * [TAP5-1983] - PerThreadManager does not cleanup on shutdown, can
> lead to memory leaks when application redeployed
>     * [TAP5-1991] - YUICompressor should be less verbose about common
> warnings
>     * [TAP5-1992] - Switch YUICompressor dependency back to com.yahoo
> version 2.4.7
>     * [TAP5-1989] - Upgrade bundled Prototype to version 1.7.1
>

> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de
http://twitter.com/drobiazko

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.5 Take 2

Posted by Taha Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Taha Hafeez: +1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.5 Take 2

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.5 Take 2

Posted by Dimitris Zenios <di...@gmail.com>.
Dimitris Zenios: +1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.5 Take 2

Posted by François Facon <fr...@atos.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.5 Take 2

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.5 Take 2

Posted by Yunhua Sang <yu...@gmail.com>.
Yunhua Sang: -1 (non-binding)
DateField is broken with 5.3.5 in IE8. I've seen the problems on two
computers. IE9 looks OK.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.5 Take 2

Posted by AndyB <an...@proquest.co.uk>.
Andy Blower: +1 (non-binding)