Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by dj9 <de...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2009/02/02 16:17:56 UTC

Building

Hi there,

I have just started looking at using ActiveMQ and it's associated clients
but am having some trouble with CMS on windows which hopefully somebody can
shed some light on for me.

I want to use ActiveMQ and CMS to allow Windows (MFC) applications to talk
(simple text) to each other and to other Linux applications (will be using
Perl/Ruby client for Linux side).  From the examples available I can see
that this is done easily within Ruby and Perl using Stomp and I have see
Visual Studio (v2005) is supported for CMS.  I want to create a class using
CMS which the Windows MFC applications can use to talk to each other and to
the Linux applications via ActiveMQ.  I have downloaded the the latest
version of ActiveMQ-CPP (v2.2.3) and have built the projects
(vs2005-activemq, vs2005-activemq-example,
vs2005-activemq-integration-tests, vs2005-activemq-unittests) within the
supplied source using MS Visual Studio 2005.  I had to change the project
setup slightly to be able to find all the referenced library directories and
dlls where I'd installed the required tools, but aside from that didn't have
to change much in the project.  Below is a list of the tools and their
versions I'm using in my setup:
ActiveMQ-CPP (v2.2.3)
apr (v1.3.3)
apr-iconv (v1.2.1)
apr-util (v1.3.4)
cppunit (v1.12.1)

My issue is that I cannot run the example projects either in debug or
release mode, as I get the following Windows error "The procedure entry
point _apr_pool_create_unmanaged_ex@12 could not be located in the dynamic
link library libapr-1.dll".  However this does seem to be available and
exists within the libapr-1.dll so I am confused as to what the issue is, can
anybody see what I've done wrong?

Is what I am trying to achieve reasonable?  Should I be trying to solve my
problem in another way?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Kind regards
Derek

Re: Building

Posted by dj9 <de...@yahoo.co.uk>.
hi Tim,

thanks for your help with this.  I have eventually found the issue.  I had
not copied the libapr-1.dll into the application path.  Sheesh! :-(

Anyway thanks again!
Regards
Derek

Re: Building