Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by happen <37...@qq.com> on 2020/07/24 07:04:37 UTC

How to make a quorum of 40million znodes be in serving status after leader shut down

Hi All,

In test lab, I tested 3 participants quorum&nbsp;that have 40million znodes and 5GiB snapshot file.

it took 8 minutes to make quorum be in serving status after leader shut down.

Do you have any suggestions to make it faster ?

Re: How to make a quorum of 40million znodes be in serving status after leader shut down

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
That sounds like you are using ZK in a way that is more appropriate for a
database. Particularly if you are putting watches on a large fraction of
those 40 million znodes.

ZK is not intended to scale up or out. It is intended to serve as a
coordination layer for other systems that do. As such what you need to
solve your problem is a bit of a redesign so that you *leverage* the strong
characteristics of ZK to allow other systems to scale more simply.