Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Chan, Charles" <Ch...@CIBC.ca> on 2003/02/28 16:20:45 UTC

Ant task that uses Xalan and Classloader question

Hi, I am developing an Ant task that uses Xalan. Everything works fine in
Ant. However, when I tried to incorporate my stuffs to Maven, I will get a
TransformerConfigurationException when I invoke
TransformerFactory.newInstance().

I searched and found an interesting hack in latka plugin:

${systemScope.setProperty('javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory','org.apac
he.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl')}

Once I have it in my plugin. It works.

So, my question is, what do we need to explicitly set the system property in
Maven?

Another question is, what's the difference between the following two
classloaders (specified as properties in my dependency):

root
root.maven

When should I use which?

Thanks!