Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by n999999 <h....@sheffield.ac.uk> on 2018/04/20 09:15:09 UTC

Consumer acknowledgement with REST API for ActiveMQ

Hello

I was looking at the REST API for ActiveMQ at
http://activemq.apache.org/rest.html.
I was wanting to use REST with the option for Consumer acknowledgement but
this page doesn't mention it.

Looking at http://activemq.apache.org/rest-protocols.html it does mention
that

"If you want to acknowledge messages you then

POST /ack/consumerId/messageId"

but is this supported?

https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.0.0/rest.html seems to have more
to say about acknowledgement but we have ActiveMQ  5.15.0

Thanks for any advice...

Re: Consumer acknowledgement with REST API for ActiveMQ

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
In ActiveMQ 5.x, REST sessions are hard-coded to AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE. See the
following code from org.apache.activemq.web.WebClient.java:

    protected Session createSession() throws JMSException {
        return getConnection().createSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
    }

Tim