Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/29 11:41:13 UTC

Resource isolation in flink among multiple jobs

In a standalone flink cluster, the TaskManager has multiple slots and can
run different applications in different slot but still within same JVM.
Given that, two applications are running under same process, how is the cpu
and memory isolation achieved?

Are there any recommendations to achieve isolation between applications?

Abhishek Agarwal

Re: Resource isolation in flink among multiple jobs

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

this is the JIRA for mesos support:
The first part of it has been merged today:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/2315
So its likely going to be fully functional for the 1.2 release.

You can run multiple TaskManager instances per machine, and give each only
one (or very few) slots.

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.