Posted to droids-dev@incubator.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2010/04/30 18:43:22 UTC

IRC Log

- Thursday April 29 2010, 14:10 -
 - scherler has disconnected (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.3/20100401064631])

- Friday April 30 2010, 08:51 -
 - bertil has joined the room

- 09:02 -
 - bertil has left the room
 - bertil has joined the room

- 09:52 -
 - scherler has joined the room
scherler: hi all
scherler: we have some support tickets that needs urgent attention
scherler: I would like to do the following today
bertil: Hello all
scherler: close richard tickets and merge bertil branch to our trunk again
scherler: BTW tscherler is for logging reasons

- 09:58 -
 - javier1 has joined the room
scherler: bertil
bertil: yes
scherler: in your branch
scherler: have you applied any bugs from our jira?
bertil: no
scherler: ok
scherler: would it be possible to create a diff
scherler: I mean that we can merge your branch
scherler: without any problems?

- 10:04 -
bertil: I think we should not encounter too much problems with the droids-core folder
bertil: for the others I think some changes may be problematic, especially for droids-wicket, droids-norobots, and droids-spring
bertil: in my branch droids-norobot is merged with droids-crawler as a filter but this part is not well tested

- 10:09 -
scherler: ok
bertil: I'll start to work on the patch for the core
scherler: ok

- 11:07 -
 * scherler going to have a coffee
 - scherler has disconnected (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)

- 11:53 -
 - scherler has joined the room

- 12:14 -
javier1: I'm reviewing the Droid's issues
scherler: very good
javier1: Thorsten, could you close the https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DROIDS-76 issue?
scherler: I will apply the patch
javier1: ok

- 12:19 -
scherler: Thanks to everyone working on the ticket.
scherler: Committed revision 939616.
scherler: jira is very slow

- 12:27 -
bertil: going to eat something
scherler: guten
bertil: danke sehr
scherler:
 - bertil has left the room

- 12:55 -
 - rfrovarp has joined the room
rfrovarp: Good afternoon
scherler: hi
javier1: Hi Richard
rfrovarp: How can I help?
javier1: richard, I'm reviewing the DROIDS-72

- 13:01 -
javier1: but i don't get the point, could you explain a usecase?
javier1: the bas.getUri() should contain the current page URI
rfrovarp: But the base tag with the href attribute overrides the current URI for relative link use in a page.
rfrovarp: http://www.ndsu.edu/cms is a page where relative links are actually rooted at www.ndsu.edu instead of www.ndsu.edu/cms
javier1: mmmm
javier1: ok, I see
rfrovarp: So, it's only going to be on certain pages where the author specified the tag.

- 13:06 -
rfrovarp: Going against www.ndsu.edu where we have a mix of pages using and a mix not, my patch does follow the relative links correctly.
scherler: BTW rfrovarp do you use skype?
javier1: I understand that the <base/> tag should override the baseUri for all the links in the page
javier1: why do you init the base tag and attr from HtmlParser?
 - bertil has joined the room

- 13:12 -
rfrovarp: I'm trying to remember.
rfrovarp: Oh, I know. This would allow you to use something else as the base element, which perhaps isn't needed.
javier1: I want to say that perhaps should only be in the LinkExtractor since the implementation in a standard
javier1: yeah
javier1: LinkExtractor is in the parse.html package
javier1: it should accomplish with xhtml standars
rfrovarp: That makes sense.
javier1: but a patch is definitively needed
scherler: rfrovarp javier1
scherler: how do we procceed

- 13:17 -
scherler: does it makes sense to create another pathc
scherler: or can we apply it partly
scherler: ¿?
rfrovarp: I could create another patch quickly.
rfrovarp: Instead of passing in the values, just put them in static final
javier1: +1
javier1: IMO it have more sense
javier1: and it is a little change to your current patch
rfrovarp: Okay. Give me a couple minutes.
javier1: ok

- 13:24 -
scherler: Like I wrote in the list if you are looking to help please label the issues
scherler: and review them

- 13:36 -
rfrovarp: Should I see if the RMLL is still open for more proposals? I could at least give a short talk about Droids, perhaps generate some more interest.
rfrovarp: New patch is available.

- 13:42 -
rfrovarp: Do you want labels or do you want the summary changed?
scherler: yeah great
scherler: sounds awesome
rfrovarp: Which one?
scherler: the talk in france
rfrovarp: Okay.
scherler: label will do, or wdyt?
rfrovarp: I'll do whatever you find best. I'm used to Bugzilla.
scherler: jeje
scherler: I am using jira only here
rfrovarp: Fine with me.
rfrovarp: This maven stuff is pretty cool.

- 13:47 -
scherler: do labels then I

- 13:55 -
javier1: the patch works fine
javier1: thanks Richard
rfrovarp: Glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback.

- 14:03 -
bertil: there is lots of changes between my branch and the trunk. I have difficulties to merge them.
bertil: What do you think, what's the best way to proceed?
scherler: DROIDS-66
scherler: needs a patch, someone?
scherler: hmm
scherler: bertil
scherler: from hand
scherler: meaning low level
scherler: ...but what are the problems you are facing?

- 14:12 -
rfrovarp: I could work on 66.
bertil: As I mentionned, by branch is a sandbox. since I did some refactoring, the patch is just enormous.
bertil: I had preferred to propose some smaller patches but it's not realistic.
scherler: ok go ahead richard
scherler: hmm

- 14:17 -
bertil: maybe a good solutions could be to work on the current issues and put my code in a sandbox and then performing smaller changes in the trunk.
scherler: yeah smething like that
scherler: maybe you can do it easier as committer?
scherler: Like I see it the vote will pass
bertil: In all case I will open an issue and attach patches for the modules
scherler: ok
scherler: I will shortly come to the patches from Mingfai
scherler: but I am not sure how proceed

- 14:22 -
scherler: but I am not sure how to proceed
scherler: Since there are basically change the basic concepts
rfrovarp: Yeah, I'm not sure.

- 14:27 -
scherler: I see as well to slim down further droids
scherler: should be easier to create droids
scherler: so let us review the issues and decide which bugs we want to close before release

- 14:32 -
scherler: I would like to get the release out now
scherler: and then graduate droids
rfrovarp: That would be great.
scherler: I think we are small but a community and there is nothing in our code that needs any clearance

- 14:38 -
scherler: I will write to the list with the next steps.
javier1: ok
javier1: whitch issues are you working on?
scherler: richar on 66
scherler: I am finishing up the patches (other then the ones from mingfai)
javier1: ok, I will work on 11
scherler: we need to research as well
scherler: release as an incubator
scherler: and extract a smal task list
scherler: from that
scherler: further we need to review the open points for graduation
scherler: javier you want to look into the release stuff
scherler: ¿?
scherler: asking

- 14:44 -
javier1: ok
scherler: maybe after richard has finished 66 he can help you
scherler: he did some of the lenya releases
scherler: so he has experience
scherler:
javier1: great
scherler: bertil is looking into merging back his development

- 14:51 -
rfrovarp: I'm running through the release management docs for the incubator now.
scherler: sweet

- 14:56 -
scherler: I will review 66 now
rfrovarp: I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for or not.
rfrovarp: Are we going to do a binary release or just source?
scherler: wdyt?

- 15:02 -
rfrovarp: Well, at some point I would think we'd want to be in the maven repo, which would require binary release.
rfrovarp: Some stuff needs to be included in the jar's meta-inf and manifest to release a jar.

- 15:14 -
rfrovarp: I'm tracking down the files without appropriate license headers.
rfrovarp: Is everything in the codebase clean? Can I add headers to the files missing it?
 - ryan___ has joined the room
ryan___: hello!
rfrovarp: Hi
ryan___: you guys have been busy!

- 15:21 -
javier1: Hi
bertil: hi

- 15:29 -
scherler: hi
scherler: jeje
scherler: yeah
scherler: richard
scherler: I thought I did the license thing
scherler: yeah I did some
rfrovarp: DROIDS-87 fixes all of the non-empty .java files.
rfrovarp: Some of the files were mine that were just added that I didn't include the license header on, some aren't.
scherler: ah ok

- 15:35 -
javier1: I just finish a little summary of the open issues
javier1: Release targets:
javier1: * BUGFIX
javier1:  * DROIDS-74: LinkExtractor doesn't set the anchorText on the link.
javier1: * FEATURES
javier1:  * DROIDS-52: Optimize memory usage of TaskQueue and History.
javier1:
javier1: * TASK
javier1:  * DROIDS-13: Review stream handling in samples.
javier1:  * DROIDS-51: review MultiThreadedTaskMaster thread creation/looping. (Attached patch)
javier1:  * DROIDS-52: Optimize memory usage of TaskQueue and History. (Attached patch)
javier1:  * DROIDS-86: Empty files
javier1:  * DROIDS-87: Add missing license headers
javier1: * CHANGES
javier1:  * DROIDS-11: The core parser OutgoingLinks should change. Implement a more generic TaskExtractor inteface that should return new task. (http://markmail.org/message/vijohov4narssuv6)
scherler: please use the mailing list for this
javier1: yeah, it will be better
javier1:
javier1: sent
scherler: k
scherler: thx

- 15:53 -
javier1: I will start to work on 11
rfrovarp: I've got to head to a meeting. Should be back in about an hour if you're still on.
scherler: yeha
scherler: thanks
scherler:
scherler: see you later

- 16:18 -
javier1: later

- 16:46 -
javier1: I just updated 11
scherler: ok

- 17:12 -
 - scherler has disconnected (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)

- 17:22 -
bertil: I'll come back later. see you.
 - bertil has left the room
rfrovarp: I'm back.

- 17:57 -
javier1: I'm working on 35

- 18:38 -
 - scherler has joined the room

- 19:47 -
javier1: i must leave now
javier1: good weekend
 - javier1 has left the room

- 20:36 -
scherler: I will need to go home now but if I have internet will connect shortly again
scherler: meanwhile I left a note in the summary thread about 3 issues that need our attention
rfrovarp: Okay. I probably won't be on for much longer either.
scherler: spot ya later dudes or how they say down here hasta luego
rfrovarp: Hasta luego
scherler: nice working with ya richard if we do not see again in irc and same to bertil