Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by so...@apache.org on 2006/07/05 22:02:11 UTC

Re: Transforming final xml with java when publishing

On 7/5/06, Dezbah Duchicela <de...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>  When I publish my xml, I want to have lenya do two things:
>  1. Parse the xml in the authoring folder with a java parser that I wrote,
> in order to make the xml work with the xsl stylesheet I wrote for our
> website.

Create a Transformer to pass the Document through your custom code.

Or better, just use the XSLT Transformer to transform your Document
with your stylesheet:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/default/xslt-transformer.html

Do you really need a custom parser?

>  2. I need to take this edited xml and place it into a directory on our
> internal server.

Use the SourceWriting Transformer:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/sourcewriting-transformer.html

>  Does lenya have an easy way to accomplish these two tasks, or if not, is
> there anyone who can help me with this issue?

Write an XMAP Pipeline to use both Transformers.

If you want all the XML from the Authoring directory, use the XPath
Directory Generator:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xpathdirectory-generator.html

solprovider