Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by x_hsky <x_...@163.com> on 2017/06/02 01:40:08 UTC

kudu field type is not supported in impala

Hi all:
    I can create the kudu table using the field type by kudu api,but it is not supported by impala shell.why?
    Here are two examples:

[db.sky.org:21000] >
[db.sky.org:21000] > create table test(id int primary key,id2 binary) partition by hash partitions 8 stored as kudu;
Query: create table test(id int primary key,id2 binary) partition by hash partitions 8 stored as kudu
ERROR: AnalysisException: Unsupported data type: BINARY

[db.sky.org:21000] >
[db.sky.org:21000] > create external table test stored as kudu TBLPROPERTIES('kudu.table_name'='test_type');
Query: create external table test stored as kudu TBLPROPERTIES('kudu.table_name'='test_type')
ERROR:
ImpalaRuntimeException: Error loading schema of table 'test_type'
CAUSED BY: ImpalaRuntimeException: Kudu type 'bool' is not supported in Impala

[db.sky.org:21000] >

Re: kudu field type is not supported in impala

Posted by Matthew Jacobs <mj...@cloudera.com>.
0) What versions of Impala and Kudu are you using?

1) BINARY is not supported by Impala. Use STRING instead.

2) Can you show how you created the table test_type in Kudu? I
wouldn't expect to have issues with boolean types.