Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andrej van der Zee <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/12 08:08:24 UTC

mode=Hold not working?

Hi,

I am using a remote setup for my JMeter tests. I want the sampler results to
be sent after the test is finished. On both the client and the server
(documentation is not clear where to set this option), I set the option
"mode=Hold". I would expect the View Result Tree to be updated with all the
samples after the test finishes, but it does the same as for
"mode=Standard", i.e. show the samples one by one. Did I forget something?

Cheers,
Andrej

Re: mode=Hold not working?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 July 2011 07:58, Andrej van der Zee <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I am using a remote setup for my JMeter tests. I want the sampler results
>> to be sent after the test is finished. On both the client and the server
>> (documentation is not clear where to set this option),

On the server.

>> I set the option
>> "mode=Hold". I would expect the View Result Tree to be updated with all the
>> samples after the test finishes, but it does the same as for
>> "mode=Standard", i.e. show the samples one by one. Did I forget something?
>>

> In the log I can see now that the samples are sent after the test. Though,
> the samples are sent one-by-one and it takes *very* long to get all the
> samples.  Is their no option to bulk-send all the samples in the hope that
> it will speed up things?

No.
Not sure it would help, unless the was some code to compress the data.

But you can use statistical mode instead (which could be considered as
a form of one-way compression).

Re: mode=Hold not working?

Posted by Andrej van der Zee <an...@gmail.com>.