Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/31 15:14:44 UTC

Wicket 8 (M7) release

Hello All,

As I can see there are no issues against M7, maybe it's time for release?
Maybe it also worth to release 8.0.0?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I have restarted our demo app 3 days ago :( (the version was updated)
Will check at the end of the week

I have 2 versions of same system:
A based on M6
B based on SNAPSHOT

B was started just now
A is running for 3 days

memory consumption almost the same ...

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi KB,

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Hello Sebastien,

that sounds bad - how big is the heap space you gave to your server?

I'm running our app now on a testserver for 10 days and the memory usage seems normal - even though I also did some jMeter on it during the last week, spawning many many threads and requests;

Heap from 8-Snapshot here reads as follows at the current time:

Heap Memory Usage:
Memory that Java Virtual Machine initially requested to the Operating System: 2.147.483.648 Bytes
Memory that Java Virtual Machine is guaranteed to receive from the Operating System: 2.144.337.920 Bytes
Maximum Memory that Java Virtual Machine may get from the Operating System: 2.144.337.920 Bytes. Note that this is not guaranteed.
Memory that Java Virtual Machine uses at this time: 1.018.066.976 Bytes

While our production one after nealry 10 weeks uptime reads this:

Heap Memory Usage:
Memory that Java Virtual Machine initially requested to the Operating System: 4.294.967.296 Bytes
Memory that Java Virtual Machine is guaranteed to receive from the Operating System: 4.151.836.672 Bytes
Maximum Memory that Java Virtual Machine may get from the Operating System: 4.151.836.672 Bytes. Note that this is not guaranteed.

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Martin Grigorov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maxim,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
+1 for M7

kind regards

Tobias

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
I will re-deploy my 8.x version and send you the log in the few days (the
time it crashes).
I don't know if they will be useful, I don't remember something eloquent in
there, that's why I wanted to profile it...

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
+1 for M7

WBR, Maxim
(from mobile, sorry for the typos)

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Hi,

our dev system is running 8 snapshot now for about 2 weeks without any problem. I would like to push 8 into production, but not before M7 is here as I dont want a production to depend on a snapshot - any chance M7 will get out the next days?

Best,

KB

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Sebastien,

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Good to know! Thanks Maxim!

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Our main app works on 8.x (both M6 and 8.0.0-SNAPSHOT) flawlessly
without restarts

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
+1 from me for 8.0.0

Re: Wicket 8 (M7) release

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

> Am 31.07.2017 um 17:18 schrieb Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>:
>
> Sure
> Sorry Tobias, I wasn't aware there is something in progress :(

Oh I didn’t mentioned it, yet. So it was my fault. :-)

> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 10:16 PM, Tobias Soloschenko
> <to...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am going to provide a patch to wicket-8.x with some changes regarding the push API, today.
>>
>> Maybe it is possible that it can be reviewed and merged first?
>>
>> kind regards
>>
>> Tobias
>>
>>> Am 31.07.2017 um 17:14 schrieb Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> As I can see there are no issues against M7, maybe it's time for release?
>>> Maybe it also worth to release 8.0.0?
>>>
>>> --
>>> WBR
>>> Maxim aka solomax