Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Bruno Goldberg <go...@prosites.com.br> on 2002/11/27 12:44:53 UTC

Re: perform() or execute()? (Mistery)

	I check that an all is ok.
	On the truth, the method is executed and the variables checked, the
errors "listed" on the original form , but they is empty strings
(?!?!?!?!) I just dont understand....

Patrice wrote:

> Perhaps I miss something, but I don't see any problem in your code.
> Check that form implement ActionForm (and not ValidatorForm) to execute
> correctly the validate() method.
> Check also that you don't forget the <html:errors/> tag on your JSP.
>
> Hope it helps
> Patrice

        CUL8R,[]s
    Jim Bruno Goldberg
http://www.prosites.com.br

Re: validate() is working !!!!! Thanks Patrice!

Posted by Patrice <pp...@nerim.net>.
Hi,

Struts will use the form name defined in your struts-config.xml file, for
the action:
For example:

<form-bean name="UserForm" type="UserForm"/>
<action  path="/UserFormAction"
        type="UserFormAction"
        name="UserForm"
        scope="request"
        input="/groups/user_form.jsp">
</action>

If you put <html:form action="/UserFormAction">,
it will be replaced with <form name="UserForm"
action="/yourWebApp/UserFormAction.do" method="post">

So, your link will be:

Best regards
Patrice

Posted by Jim Bruno Goldberg <go...@prosites.com.br>.

Patrice wrote:

> I suppose that's because you have declared a name in your <html:form> tag
> that is not corresponds to those on the struts-config.xml file.
> The attributes "type" and "name" of the <html:form> tag are deprecated in
> Struts 1.1.
>
> Try to replace:
>

> with:
>
> Regards
> Patrice

        CUL8R,[]s
    Jim Bruno Goldberg
http://www.prosites.com.br

Re: validate() almost working.....

validate() almost working.....

Posted by Jim Bruno Goldberg <go...@prosites.com.br>.
	My code is aslmost working....

Patrice wrote:

> I don't see anything wrong...
> All I know is that empty String is returned when the key on an ActionError
> is not present in the default application resource files (defined in
> web.xml).

	Yes. I make some confusion and has 2 application.properties on the
structure. Thanks for the tip.

> Best regards
> Patrice

        CUL8R,[]s