Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by sebz1337 <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/27 01:58:40 UTC

FOP in a Text Editing context

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to use FOP for text editing purpose (
I want to format some text located inside a box with line-breaking and
hyphenation feature ). I know that FOP allows XSL-FO as input and provides
outputs to various formats, but is there a way to use the source code in
order to process, for example, an AttribuatedString, format it, then
outputting the results in a Java object (ex: Paragraph, Page, etc).

What classes are needed ?

Thank you for your time

Re: FOP in a Text Editing context

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
FOP doesn't cover this. You could reuse the low-level hyphenation and
line-breaking classes from FOP but the rest is FO-specific and does not
provide support for AttributedString. You'd have to build that part
yourself.

You could also look at the javax.swing.text package which contains some basic
infrastructure for editors.

On 27.02.2009 01:58:40 sebz1337 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to use FOP for text editing purpose (
> I want to format some text located inside a box with line-breaking and
> hyphenation feature ). I know that FOP allows XSL-FO as input and provides
> outputs to various formats, but is there a way to use the source code in
> order to process, for example, an AttribuatedString, format it, then
> outputting the results in a Java object (ex: Paragraph, Page, etc).
>
> What classes are needed ?
>
> Thank you for your time

Jeremias Maerki