Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org> on 2005/11/24 20:37:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtual Hosting with DAV and LDAP

Hi gang,

I'm trying to set up dynamically configured vhosts with an LDAP auth
store.  I have mod_ldap_auth and mod_vhost_alias working.  I'm able
to create virtual hosts by creating a directory, and auth from LDAP.

One of my questions is whether there is a way to require group
membership for auth within such a virtual directory.  Ideally, the
same mechanism used for directory interpolation would be used to
locate an LDAP group and use inclusion in that group as decision
criteria.  I realize that there are ways of doing this by creating
extra configuration files and/or .htaccess files, but would like to
avoid these if possible.

Another related question is how the same thing could be done for
write permissions in WebDAV.

Thanks kindly for any thoughts on this subject.

Brian