Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Edgar Rivera <ed...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/11 12:55:27 UTC

A social network in Apache Flex, yeah !!! called me crazy ;)

Hi guys I want to share a Flex project that I've been working on the last
months. www.treekele.com is social network for people, speakers and events
around personal development, we covered the 4 most important areas (Soul,
Mind, Body and Wealth).

We release the beta version few days ago here www.treekele.com/app

I'm using Parsley, Flex Modules, Apache Flex 4.14, BlazeDS, Spring and MySQL

The reason of this post is because I see a lot of technical questions but
very few related with business or cases studies using this technology. I
believe Flex is not a problem for web applications developments, we're
developing a mobile application on HTML using another server side facade
with Restful and Json to serve those users without FlashPlayer capabilities.

I'm also interested to find developers who wants to work remotely or be part
of this project. Please have a look to the pitch
https://pitch.liveplan.com/BKVsw/TMKAG

I attached some screenshots, please register ONLY if you're interested on
Personal Development, for those who wants to see a demo or technical
questions around the project please contact me edgar.rivera@treekele.com

Long live to Apache Flex and big thanks for all of you contributing to the
community.

Big hug

*Edgar Rivera*
CEO & Founder
www.treekele.com
edgar.rivera@treekele.com

SOME SCREEN SHOTS

*User Mode - Wall*
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n11970/user-mode-wall.png>

*User Mode - Speaker's Directory*
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n11970/user-mode-speaker-directory.png>

*User Mode - Speaker's Directory*
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n11970/user-mode-event-details.png>

*Speaker Mode*
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n11970/speaker-mode.png>

Re: A social network in Apache Flex, yeah !!! call me crazy ;)

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edgar,

I did quick look into your app. Looks really good, smooth and very pro! :)

It is very true that using flex for a web applications is not, a problem.
The problem is at some point unawareness of people who manage the projects
how fast and robust we can have such huge application and all of this
misinformation about Flash.

Good job and wish you many users!

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: A social network in Apache Flex, yeah !!! called me crazy ;)

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.
Hi Edgar, i logged on treekele and i can say: really great job! This is the
kind of mail i want to read! Confirmation from the world that we are on the
right way!

Thank for share Edgar!
Angeo