Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Yi JIN <yj...@apache.org> on 2018/02/27 04:19:30 UTC

[VOTE]: Apache HAWQ 2.3.0.0-incubating Release (RC2)

Hi All,

This is the vote for Apache HAWQ (incubating) 2.3.0.0-incubating Release
Candidate 2 (RC2). It is a source release for HAWQ core, PXF, and Ranger;
and binary release for HAWQ core,  PXF and Ranger. We have rpm package
involved for the binary release.

The vote will run for at least 72 hours and will close on Saturday, March
3rd, 2017. Thanks.

1. Wiki page of the release:
*https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Apache+HAWQ+2.3.0.0-incubating+Release
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Apache+HAWQ+2.3.0.0-incubating+Release>*

2. Release Notes (Apache Jira generated):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
version=12340262&styleName=Html&projectId=12318826

3. Release verification steps can be found at:
For source tarball: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/
Release+Process%3A+Step+by+step+guide#ReleaseProcess:
Stepbystepguide-ValidatetheReleaseCandidate
For rpm package: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/
Build+Package+and+Install+with+RPM

4. Git release branch:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.
git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/2.3.0.0-incubating

5. Source and Binary release balls with signare:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.3.0.
0-incubating.RC2/

6. Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/KEYS

7. The artifact(s) has been signed with Key ID: CE60F90D1333092A

8. Fixed issues in RC2.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1589
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1590

REMINDER: Please provide details of what you have tried and verified before
your vote conclusion. Thanks!

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Best regards,
Yi (yjin)

Re: [VOTE]: Apache HAWQ 2.3.0.0-incubating Release (RC2)

Posted by xsheng <xs...@apache.org>.
+1

I downloaded the source tarball and follow the verify process checked:

1. checked hash and code sign. correct.
2. build passed, installed the binary passed, hawq init successfully, run
basic test queries correct, select version() correct
3. checked LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER files.
4. rat check passed.

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Lei Chang <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1. Install and test it.

Cheers
Lei

Posted by Chunling Wang <wa...@126.com>.
+1

Re: Re: [VOTE]: Apache HAWQ 2.3.0.0-incubating Release (RC2)

Posted by 陶征霖 <zt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wen Lin <wl...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Yi JIN <yj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hubert Zhang <hz...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Ruilong Huo <hu...@apache.org>.

5. Downloaded rpm tarball, installed hawq on CentOS 7.2 VM following https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Build+Package+and+Install+with+RPM. The initialization and basic query passed.

Posted by Bai Jie <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hongxu Ma <in...@outlook.com>.
+1

Both source and rpm package are verified in my environment: Red Hat
Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2
Include installation and execute some simple queries.

在 27/02/2018 12:19, Yi JIN 写道:
> Hi All,
>
> This is the vote for Apache HAWQ (incubating) 2.3.0.0-incubating Release
> Candidate 2 (RC2). It is a source release for HAWQ core, PXF, and Ranger;
> and binary release for HAWQ core,  PXF and Ranger. We have rpm package
> involved for the binary release.
>
> The vote will run for at least 72 hours and will close on Saturday, March
> 3rd, 2017. Thanks.
>
> 1. Wiki page of the release:
> *https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Apache+HAWQ+2.3.0.0-incubating+Release
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Apache+HAWQ+2.3.0.0-incubating+Release>*
>

> 2. Release Notes (Apache Jira generated):
> version=12340262&styleName=Html&projectId=12318826
>

> 3. Release verification steps can be found at:
> For source tarball: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/
> Release+Process%3A+Step+by+step+guide#ReleaseProcess:
> Stepbystepguide-ValidatetheReleaseCandidate
> For rpm package: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/
> Build+Package+and+Install+with+RPM
>

> 4. Git release branch:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.
> git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/2.3.0.0-incubating
>
> 5. Source and Binary release balls with signare:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.3.0.
> 0-incubating.RC2/
>

> 6. Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/KEYS
>

> 7. The artifact(s) has been signed with Key ID: CE60F90D1333092A
>
> 8. Fixed issues in RC2.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1589
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1590
>
> REMINDER: Please provide details of what you have tried and verified before
> your vote conclusion. Thanks!
>

> Please vote accordingly:
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion