Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/22 12:27:59 UTC

Advice needed: conf of cache & locking in non-clustered webapp with Spring & PB-Api

Hi folks,

has anybody some advice as to how to best configure Spring & OJB
(1.0.3) with regard to caching and locking ?
My thoughts were to use either the 2-level or the oscache impl, and
use pessimistic read-committed locking (how to do that with spring
transactions and the PB-Api ?)

ideas, comments, hints ?

regards,
Tom

Re: Advice needed: conf of cache & locking in non-clustered webapp with Spring & PB-Api

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 9/22/05, Jason McKerr <ja...@osuosl.org> wrote:

> I wrote the following article which should allow you to use locking and
> 2-level caching with Spring and OJB quite easily.  My implementation is
> simple, but you should be able to change it to use whatever you want.
>
> http://staff.osuosl.org/~mckerrj/?p=8

thanks, but my question was aimed rather for a discussion what would
be best suited and how to use locking effectively in a spring-managed
environment. FYI, I currently use the high-low sequence manager and
the two-level cache impl.

Posted by Jason McKerr <ja...@osuosl.org>.
Thomas,