Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au> on 2008/01/25 07:02:42 UTC

CI

The path to continuous integration testing has been a rocky one, but
we have some progress.

1. Over the last weeks I've had Bamboo perform four hourly testing of
Cayenne trunk on a server in my office. Apart from discovering lots of
wierdness if you don't perform a clean before every build, this has
worked well. I'll leave this running until we are sure that option 2
is going to be stable and certain in the long term.

2. I've now set up Cayenne on Apache hardware running under Hudson.
The interface isn't as nice as Bamboo, but it works and doesn't really
need to look pretty I guess. I will not set up automatically mailing
the dev list until I am sure it works well. Then we'll need it to
deliver electric shocks to the keyboard of the person who broke any
particular build. [1]

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/

Ignore the thunder cloud - the all build failures (which are now
fixed) had to do with Hudson issues or in one case the discovery that
our javadoc maven target breaks with workspace path names with spaces
in them. I hunted for the problem for 30 minutes, couldn't find it and
then gave in and got rid of the space.

The target is just "clean install". That seemed to be the best way to
run all the tests.

I might set up Cayenne 2 for testing as well when I get a chance.

[1] or more subtly: http://www.pragmaticautomation.com/cgi-bin/pragauto.cgi/Monitor/Devices/BubbleBubbleBuildsInTrouble.rdoc

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: CI

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
I like how the documentation took the longest amount of time ...