Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by oh...@cox.net on 2006/10/18 21:32:13 UTC

[users@httpd] "Deadlock" msgs in error_log

Hi,

We're running Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 9, and we are seeing a number of "[error]" and "[warn]" messages in the error_log file.  The error msgs occur occasionally, but the warn msgs are output quite frequently.

The error msgs say:

[error] [client AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD] (45) Deadlock situation detected/avoided: apr_global_mutex_lock (rewrite_log_lock) failed, referer: http://myhostx.xxx.com/...

The warn msgs say:

[warn] (45) Deadlock situation detected/avoided: ap_proxy: couldn't create the lock

Does anyone know what might be causing these and how to eliminate them?

Also, since these msgs seem to refer to mutexes and locks, would these errors and warnings be causing the performance of Apache to slow down?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Re: [users@httpd] "Deadlock" msgs in error_log

Posted by Alexander Lazic <al...@none.at>.
Hi,

On Mit 18.10.2006 19:32, ohaya@cox.net wrote:

>We're running Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 9, and we are seeing a number of
>"[error]" and "[warn]" messages in the error_log file.  The error msgs
>occur occasionally, but the warn msgs are output quite frequently.
>
>The error msgs say:
>
>[error] [client AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD] (45) Deadlock situation
>detected/avoided: apr_global_mutex_lock (rewrite_log_lock) failed,
>referer: http://myhostx.xxx.com/...
>
>The warn msgs say:
>
>[warn] (45) Deadlock situation detected/avoided: ap_proxy: couldn't
>create the lock
>
>Does anyone know what might be causing these and how to eliminate them?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mpm_common.html#acceptmutex

We have *fixed* this error message with:

posixsem
and
pthread

The default mutex have been changed in the past :-(

I have also asked this in the past but haven't get a answer :-(

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=111761657126915&w=2

Hth

Alex