Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2015/05/04 00:17:40 UTC

author tags

In going through the code today I noticed there are some author javadoc
tags. Many of them are "none" or "unattributed", but there are a few that
are people.

Author tags are generally frowned on at the ASF, AFAICT, but it's still up
to individual PMCs to decide if they want an actual rule. Those few
communities I've found a discussion in seem to have gone with "no author
tags".

Personally, I don't think author tags are useful or appropriate. The code
is developed by "the NiFi community" and not any one individual. There's an
old thread on community@ that I think does a good job of making the case
against them[1].

What do folks think? If we go with the "no @author tags" thing, then I can
make a cleanup patch to remove what's already present. Checking for them in
new patches is pretty easy.

[1]: http://s.apache.org/iZl
--
Sean

Re: author tags

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sean

They are simply artifacts of its older life.  I remove them whenever i see
them now.

Thanks
Joe

Re: author tags